Start Date: 2022-2023 School Year
School: Columbia Heights Middle Academy
Reports to: Principal
Prodeo Academy, a network of public charter schools serving the Twin Cities, is a meaningful education solution closing the achievement gap through data-driven instruction in a culture based on a foundation of five core values: Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Development, and Engagement. Shared expectations around these values enhance the opportunity for our scholars to reach their full potential. We are looking for team members committed to helping our students access greater opportunities, achieve future success, and contribute to the vitality of our community.
VISION FOR POSITION
Classroom Teachers are committed members of a grade-level team closing the opportunity gap for the students in their classroom, grade, and school. A Prodeo Academy Classroom Teacher is intensely focused on each student’s growth. To do this, the Classroom Teacher provides a loving, structured classroom rooted in high expectations for behavior and learning. The Classroom Teacher will report to the Principal and work in partnership with all members of the school team and the Grade Team Leader. This opportunity is ideal for someone energized by challenging work, hungry for feedback, and who can work collaboratively across lines of difference with an emphasis on cultural sensitivity and inclusiveness.
- Provides targeted instruction to students
- Adopts and articulates the most effective instructional practices
- Works hard to be an expert in the curriculum
- Radiates warmth; is a positive presence when standing in front of students
- Speaks with leadership and confidence
- Creates a safe, predictable environment for students; has high expectations for students
- Values schoolwide consistency and implementation of the most effective practices, follow school’s Common Picture routines, procedures, and expectations
- Sets and achieves ambitious goals with students
- Manages and shares data regularly
- Identifies strengths and growth areas in classroom/ grade level/ schoolwide data and gets “granular” – will pinpoint trends in small group and individual students’ data
- Develops Data-Driven plans every six weeks for small groups and individuals
- Attends all professional development offered by the school
- Attends coaching meetings, is receptive to frequent observations, and implements feedback
- Is organized and well-prepared for all sessions
- Follows through on next steps from professional development
- Works hard to achieve professional goals
Grade Team Participation
- Attends, participates, and presents during weekly meetings
- Approaches teamwork with humility and offers help even when it hasn’t been asked for
- Shares resources, plans, and ideas openly
- Recognizes when a student’s situation is urgent and prioritizes accordingly
- Checks and responds to email and phone messages within 24 business hours
- Speaks kindly of others at all times
- Stays solutions-orientated when faced with complex challenges
- Outstanding attention to detail and willingness to get the job done
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education required: BA/BS degree
- Certification/Licensure Required: Licensure in the area of teaching assignment
- Record of exemplary results with students
- Knowledge and application of assessment tools and data management
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Prodeo Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.